My guest today is Dave Basile aka AntiGravityGains is a father, husband and works as a software developer. He grew up in the US but traveled around as his father was in the Air Force. His favorite place to live was Colorado, as well as Peru and Panama.
Dave is what most people would call an Ultra Runner, running his first marathon in 2009, and later his first ultra-marathon in 2015. (An ultra-marathon is basically anything over a marathon in length which is 42 kilometres, 26 miles).
Since then, he has run many races and been to many places, including to the famous race out at Leadville Colorado. His longest race to date is the Brew to Brew in Kansas City which was 44 miles in length (a whopping 70 kilometers) in which he ran strict keto.
Currently, he lives in Kansas City which gives him easy access to trails, where he’s discovered a love for single track running. He’s also a big advocate of strength training which he used to recover from a bad knee injury in 2012, hitting the gym as part of his regular run training.
Dave says connecting with people in the keto diet community on social media has really helped the learning process for him, as well as keeping him accountable and on track.
So go and connect with him over on Instagram and YouTube at AntiGravityGains to follow along on his journey of learning and accountability.
- Tell me a little about monster orders…
- A little about you!
- What was the motivation for you to start eating low carb/keto?
- Greatest races and distances you’ve covered
- What running has taught you that nothing else could have
- What’s your favourite low carb food?
- What’s your least favourite low carb keto food?
- What’s your favourite type of training run?
- What book or video has recently inspired you?
- What music have you been listening to recently?
- What advice would you give someone trying to train for marathon?
Leadville Colorado Marathon
Brew To Brew
Probar Gu Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Ucitan Ultima Hydration
Ultima Vest (Youtube Video)
Podcast with Zach Bitter –
Courtney Dewalter – Crazy Runner
Keto Peck – Instagram
The art and science of low carbohydrate performance – Stephen Phinney
Born To Run
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #27: Journey To Ketogenic Ironman 70.3 and 100lb Weight Loss – Chela (FoodieTurnedSleevie)
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #26: Keto For Performance And 3 Phases To Break A Weightloss Plateau – Chris Irvin (The Ketologist)
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #25: Traveling With Keto – Nicole (TravelingKetoCat)