Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon wrapped chicken is a carnivores delight, and a vegetarians nightmare. Meat, wrapped in meat. Its pretty over the top, but the ketogenic lifestyle doesn’t like to do things in small measures!
This weeks recipes are based around a few different ingredients. This recipe incorporates a select few of them, with some optional extras if you feel so inclined.
Baking chicken breasts still keeps all the moisture in the meat, whilst crisping the outside to perfection. Bacon crisps easily in the oven, so its an ideal candidate to a crispy exterior.
The stuffing is a mix of nuts and sesame seed oil. This is not for the faint hearted. If a Kiev style stuffing is what you’re after, i suggest using less nuts and adding butter and garlic to the stuffing. It will absolutely blow your mind!
Change For The Better
FatForWeightLoss is going through some changes, and I’m really liking it! My goal is to make these recipes easier for you so that weight loss becomes effortless.
This week’s recipes will be staring bacon and chicken, avocado, lettuce, herbs and tomatoes (not necessary, but make for some wicked colour combinations).
I’m eating these for lunch during this week, and will combine the recipes together in a blog post so that you can do the same!
Less Ingredients, less waste!
Nobody likes recipes that requires hundreds of different ingredients just to make it taste like “The Real Thing”.
On top of that, no one likes it when they have to buy all of those different ingredients, only to throw them away a week later because none of the other recipes required any of the same ingredients.
I’ve done the fancy cheesecakes, and decadent desserts, and as much fun as they are to make and share with your friends, I’m not sure anyone would have actually made them…
Finding simple ideas for ingredients that you already have is what I strive to turn my website FatForWeightLoss into. A helpful resource to aid in simple ketogenic nutrition without all the complications and associated costs.
If you like this idea, let me know in the comments below. It really helps me when I receive feedback, good or bad!
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 6 Slices bacon (300g / 10.5 oz)
- 1 Small Handful Cashews (50 g / 1.5 oz)
- 3 Tbsps. Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- Slice the chicken breast in half (as if you where to butterfly cut).
- Chop up nuts finely, also chop the herbs and add the sesame seed oil to a small bowl.
- Fill the chicken with the stuffing, and carefully wrap 4 slices of bacon around lengthwise, keeping 1 slice of bacon to cover from top to bottom.
- Place on a pan, cook at 180degrees celcious (375F) for 25 mins. Depending on how large the chicken breast is, you might need an extra few minutes for the chicken to cook through thoroughly.
- Remove from the oven, and let it rest before you cut it. Enjoy!