The Cheesecake Fat Bombs I made last week were a HIT, so I’m back with more, this time it’s a Berry Cheesecake Fat Bomb. Trust me, these taste just as good as they look, and are perfect for a hot summers day, or simply an easy ketogenic snack.
Cream cheese is such a fantastic way to substitute coconut out of fat bombs and create a truly tasty snack. If you’re like me, and you’re not a big fan of the overly powerful flavor of coconut that comes with being on a ketogenic diet, then definitely give these fat bombs a try.
Berries are okay on the ketogenic diet, in small amounts. Berrys contain plenty of antioxidants (and other more scientific benefits which I won’t get into), so keeping them in your diet in small portions won’t hurt your progress. Each fat bomb has 1 strawberry in it, and a few blueberries, or whatever other berries you decide to use.
To get the gradual color gradient effect, you simply create layers in the molds using the lighter berries first (like strawberries), then move onto the darker more colorful berries like blueberries and blackberries towards the end. You don’t have to create layers like I’ve done here, but its sort of nice to be able to taste the different berries throughout the fat bomb. Alternatively, blend them all up together and get ready for a full-on berry flavor effect!
This week I added a forum to my website, (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE FREE FORUM) which is super useful if you want to discuss recipe suggestions or helpful improvements outside what I have to offer. As a community, we can help each other to create great recipes, and provide helpful tips along the way if you are looking for a particular ingredient, or might be wondering if it’s okay to switch butter of something else if going dairy free.
Berry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 6 Strawberries
- 250 g Cream Cheese 8.5 oz
- 1/4 Cup Berries
- 3 Tbsp water
- Prepare a large silicone icecube tray, either with 6 inserts, or other styles of silicone ice cube trays (silicone is best as its easier to get the fat bomb out).
- Place the strawberries in a blender, with 1/2 of the cream cheese and 1 tbsp of water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the icecube tray, and freeze for 10 mins.
- Blend the remaining berries, cream cheese, add water, and pour over the semi-frozen layer of mixture already in the icecube tray.
- Freeze until ready to consume.