Broccoli cheese soup is a new favorite in the FatForWeightLoss Kitchen, and it’s surprisingly delicious. I never knew that Brocolli would actually taste so great in a soup until I jigged a few things around. This recipe is a delicious combination of your regular broccoli soup mixed with some crispy prosciutto that will light up your taste buds like never before.
Broccoli cheese soup is so easy to make as a ketogenic friendly recipe because its filled with fatty cheese and delicious cream. It’s a hearty soup that will not disappoint, suitable for the whole family.
Not only is green cruciferous vegetables an important part of a healthy diet, but broccoli also contains loads of magnesium which is vital on the ketogenic diet. Magnesium is important for muscles, the regeneration of ATP for energy, and pretty much everything you can think of throughout the body, magnesium is involved.
Aged cheddar cheese is the best addition to this recipe because it gives that bite throughout the cream that differentiates it from the other creamy ingredients. Proscuitto adds a whole other element to this broccoli and cheddar soup, which I think you’ll really love as well.
Now, if you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also do this in a nutribullet or any other blender in small batches. Make sure that your blender can hold hot liquids, otherwise you’ll have broccoli coated kitchen floors!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did creating it.
Broccoli Cheese Soup with Proccuito
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Large Broccoli Bunch chopped
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 Cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup Aged Cheddar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Slices Proscuitto
- Salt To taste
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, chopped onion, and garlic. Cook on medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped broccoli and the chicken stock to the pot, and cook for 10 mins until the broccoli becomes tender
- Using an immersion blender, remove the pot from the heat, and blend in the pot until smooth.
- Place back on heat, adding the cheese, cream and salt.
- In a frying pan, heat to medium and cook the proscuitto for 2 mins eat side until slightly crispy. Be careful not to burn.
- Serve in bowls, topped with extra cream, a few pine nuts and the crispy proscuitto.