Everybody loves to indulge from time-to-time. If you are really feeling the keto diet and want some low carb dessert recipes to have on hand, then you will adore this caramel peanut butter bar recipe. It’s loaded with delicious chocolate and peanut butter flavor, but you can definitely enjoy it 100% guilt-free. No added sugar makes them the perfect dessert that you won’t be able to resist!
This guest post is written by Vicky from So Nourished. Many of you may know her from Tasteaholics – her keto diet blog she runs with her fiancé Rami. So Nourished is their venture into making high-quality keto products more readily available for an easier lifestyle!
Caramel Peanut Butter Bars are the Perfect Treat!
So let’s talk about a few other perks when it comes to this fantastic little recipe. First, it can be whipped up at home in just about 30 minutes. Everybody loves a real time saver in the kitchen! Plus, this delectable treat is comprised of rich dark chocolate and includes peanuts for added crunch and texture. It’s the ultimate food experience.
Best Sweetener For The Ketogenic Diet
The sweetness comes from erythritol which is the perfect substitute for normal sugar. Not only will low carb foodies appreciate the effort but so will any guests that happen to be watching their sugar intake. As a bonus, this recipe calls for a little vanilla whey protein powder which is an excellent thickener.
Not only do these little treats cook up quickly, but they serve up nicely as well. The layers of this dessert are impeccable – caramel and peanut butter coupled with the chocolate topping is the perfect addition to any occasion.
If you are the mood for a delicious dessert that happens to be low carb and sugar-free then look no further than these yummy caramel peanut butter bars. They are simple to make and even easier to enjoy. You’ll definitely want to try this recipe for yourself ASAP! Trust us; it’ll be a fast favorite.
About So Nourished
So Nourished are proud to be a ketogenic-first company and stand by the low carb diet principles. They make products for keto beginners and veterans alike including sugar-free sweeteners, vegetable spiralizers and more. To see all the tasty ways their ingredients can be used, check out their blog and follow them on Facebook & Instagram
Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch Cream Of Tatar
- 1 scroop vanilla whey protien powder about 40g
- 5 tablespoons So Nourished Powdered Erythritol divided
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 4 tablespoons Peanut Butter divided
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate 85% cacao or higher
- Beat the egg white to soft peaks then beat in the vanilla extract, xanthan gum, and cream of tartar.
- Add the vanilla protein powder and 1 tablespoon So Nourished Powdered Erythritol and beat until thick and sticky.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and the remaining So Nourished Powdered Erythritol.
- Bring to a boil then cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into the sticky egg mixture then stir in 2 tablespoons peanut butter and the peanuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a parchment-lined 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the remaining peanut butter in a double boiler.
- Stir smooth then pour over the peanut mixture in an even layer.
- Chill for at least an hour until firm then cut into squares to serve.