Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns are a fantastic way to spice up a boring breakfast of eggs or to use up cauliflower before it goes bad. They are bold and super flavourful. The crispiness of their exterior provides some extra crunch that will have you wanting more.
Cauliflower has browns are made from grated cauliflower, and I find it best to actually drain the grated vegetable into a tea-towel so that they don’t become watery when they hit the pan. The biggest tip I can give you is that make sure there is sufficient oil/butter in the pan before you drop these in. The outside will stay crisp and solid, which holds the inside together without any troubles. They are best eaten straight out of the pan or reheated in a frying pan.
Low carb hash browns are a fantastic way to use up any extra cauliflower that you’ve got sitting around. I hate the smell of week-old cauliflower, and it certainly doesn’t please anyone else either. Make sure you’re using up the vegetables that you do buy, or buy them fresh right before you’re about to cook for best results.
This grated cauliflower recipe will even please the kids, and its a perfect way to disguise from vegetables in a fun and tasty way. You’ll love making these little breakfast treats with the family, but they will also work as a lunchtime keto snack on the go, just wrap them up in partchment paper, or anything greaseproof and semi-breathable (ziplock bags can become disastrous).
I hope you love creating these little suckers in the frying pan as much as I did. as usual, feel free to leave a comment below if you have any troubles or questions you feel I might be able to answer. Stay safe and cauliflower on!
Cauliflower Hash Brown
- 1/2 Large Cauliflower Grated
- 3/4 Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Lard Cooking Oil
- Grate the cauliflower into a large bowl. Add the egg and mix until fully combined.
- Add the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper into the bowl. Mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium high heat. Right before you're ready to cook, add the lard and wait until it starts to bubble.
- Split the hash brown mixture into 4, and place each portion into the frying pan, shaping to resemble a round oval (take away hash brown shape)
- Cook each side for aproxximately 5 mins, or until golden on each side. The second side will take a little less.
- Serve with eggs or any other breakfast accoupminament.