This cheesy low carb garlic bread is actually surprisingly low carb, and high in healthy butter fats to keep you energized throughout the day.
When butter and garlic combine, they create the most flavorful combination on bread you could ever imagine.
This post is sponsored by Atkins Au/Nz. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make FatForWeightLoss possible!
What Does Low Carb Garlic Bread Taste Like?
The bread tastes like a regular loaf of multi grain, and once rolled into a bread roll like pictured, you’ll wonder why you ever missed normal bread.
Unlike my regular keto bread, this bread is made from a bread mix by a company called Atkins.
You might have heard from atkins many years ago, but since the, they have changed many of their products to now also be suitable for a ketogneic diet.
This bread has plenty of nuts and seed inside, which makes it similar to my Keto Seeded Bread, however holds its shape in the oven much better and doesn’t require being cooked in a loaf tin.
Unlike many other keto garlic bread recipes, this recipe isn’t based around cheese. You can simply omit the cheese on top if you’re looking for a plain keto garlic bread, since the cheese is not the base mixture, only a topping.
The bread tastes crispy on the outside, and quite fibrous on the inside, so its perfect for those who might need a little help in the mornings if finding the ketogenic diet “blocks them up” a little.
The cheese pull on the bread is insane! In the picture below, I also added a little cheese on the inside, which isn’t part of the macros but is a highly suggested addition.
You can purchase Atkins keto bread using the link in the recipe card but only if you live in Australia and New Zealand.
Other recipes you might like
Cheesy Low Carb Garlic Bread
- 1 packet Atkins Bread Mix
- 260 ml water (8.8 floz)
- 50 g Butter softened (2.8 oz)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 100 g Grated Mozzarella 3.5 oz
- Remove the bread mixture and yeast sachet from the Atkins bread packet. Pour the bread mix into a large bowl, along with the water and yeast. Mix for 3 minutes until well combined.
- Cover the bowl, and let it rest for 45 minutes to ensure the yeast has enough time to rise a little.
- Preheat your oven to 200C (390F). Split the dough into two, and roll each portion out into a 20cm bread roll. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on the outside. Let it cool on the bench for 15 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic, dried parsley and salt. Mix until well combined, then set aside.
- Slice the bread lengths 3/4 of the way down vertically into 10 slots. fill each slot with approximately 1/2 tsp of the garlic butter. Cover in grated mozzarella and place under the grill (broiler) for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Can be kept covered in the fridge for 3 days, of frozen for up to 3 weeks.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator