This keto chicken burrito bowl is the perfect low carb replacement for a regular burrito or a great low carb substitute for Guzman y Gomez.
Ideas For Chicken Burrito Bowls
Chicken Burrito Bowl In A Slow Cooker
Chicken thighs can easily be cooked in a slow cooker using the ingredients listed in the recipe below.
You will need to increase the volume of liquid, though, since the main idea behind slow cooking is to cook food low and slow in plenty of fluid. Add 2 cups of water to the recipe below to make this dish in a slow cooker.
Is This Chicken Burrito Bowl Healthy?
Of course! Eating a low carb diet not only allows you to burn your body’s fat stores but also helps maintain a regular blood sugar level and even increases your energy levels throughout the day.
Large amounts of rice can spike insulin levels just as much as sugar, so by substituting rice for cauliflower, you will be eating a healthier version without compromising on taste.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Chipotle Recipe
My good friends over at Tasteaholics have a fantastic chipotle steak recipe. You could easily replace the chicken in my recipe with Tastaholics chipotle steak. Click here to check it out.
Rotisserie Chicken Burrito Bowl
Want to save some time in the kitchen? Using rotisserie chicken is often one of the easiest ways to cut down on cooking time. It also stays so juicy and tender even when separated from the bone.
Feel free to use rotisserie chicken in this recipe. Just make sure you use all the skin as well.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe With No Rice
This recipe uses cauliflower rice instead of ordinary rice, which is perfect on a low carb or ketogenic diet. Watch the video below to learn how to make cauliflower rice the easy way or simply buy pre-riced cauliflower to skip this step.
Why Should You Prep Keto Meals In Advance?
My big philosophy in life is this: What 20% of my time is bringing 80% of the results?
If we apply this to your health: Which 20% of your health gives you 80% of the results you’re looking for?
This is the power of meal prepping.
Most people think that meal prep is eating the same meal every day. There should be WAY more variety than that.
Most people just do meal prepping the wrong way.
Not only can prepping save you time in the kitchen, but it can also save you money. You won’t be spending money on ingredients you don’t need.
It gets better…. Who hates washing up? Me too…
Cleaning a few containers each week is much better than a full dishwasher each night.
These are all the benefits of preparing a few easy meals at the start of your week, and when life gets busy, you don’t have to try and figure how many calories you’ve got left for the day.
This Recipe Is From My Keto Meal Prep Guide.
This whole video is accompanied by a free printable guide which contains the exact amounts of each ingredient you’ll need depending on your gender and goals.
It contains prep day action plans and substitutions for dairy, nuts and other allergies. Don’t worry too much about the exact amounts showcased in this video, as this will likely change for you depending on your circumstances.
Get the Free Meal Prep Guide Here: https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/free-meal-prep/
If you have any questions about any of the ingredients inside this recipe, don’t be afraid to put your questions in the comments below. Otherwise, you can email me for more sensitive questions.
Again, this video is accompanied by a free printable guide which contains the exact amounts of each ingredient you’ll need depending on your gender and goals.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep
- 500 g Chicken Thighs 1.2 lb
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp ground paprika and more for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium Bell Peppers Capsicum
- 1/2 medium Cauliflower or 4 servings of riced cauliflower
- 2 tsp Tabasco Sauce (optional)
- 4 medium Avocados
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the chicken thighs on a plate and season each side with the salt and paprika.
- Heat a frying pan set over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Cook each piece of chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and slice into strips.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat. Dice the bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes in remaining pan oils.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and then into rice-sized pieces. Alternatively, you can purchase cauliflower rice or pulse the florets in a food processor.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between meal prep containers. Top with the Tabasco sauce (if using) and paprika. Top with the cooked chicken and bell peppers.
- Halve and pit the avocados, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Mash the avocado and season with paprika, Tabasco sauce (if using), salt and pepper. Dollop onto each portion or keep separately.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Any questions? please search the help center on my website by clicking here