This post is sponsored by Atkins. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make FatForWeightLoss possible!
How to find keto Friendly Peanut Butter
To make these, you’ll need to find a keto friendly peanut butter. There is only one rule when it comes to buying peanut butter, and its this:
Does it contain anything other than peanuts and salt?
Be sure to look for a 100% natural peanut butter.
The smooth style of peanut butter I find works best in these types of recipes, but if all you have is crunchy peanut butter, then that will also work.Warning:
Many types of peanut butter contain added sugars and additional oils that quite frankly were never meant to be consumed by the human body.
There are plenty of peanut butter brands that are available here in Coles and Woolworths (Australia) that don’t contain sugar, just make sure you read the labels.
What is Atkins Milk Chocolate Bar?
The Atkins Milk Chocolate bar is a smooth and creamy milk chocolate bar. With only 1.5 grams of carbs, it’s the perfect treat to help curb your chocolate cravings.
They actually taste really good. They are not something I would eat every day, but in a pinch, these chocolate bars are super delicious as a snack. They have 10X fewer carbs than a regular chocolate bar of the same weight which is impressive since they taste very similar.
Cocoa Butter, Maltitol, Polydextrose, cocoa mass, milk solids, emulsifiers, natural flavour, sweetener (sucralose).
For those who are sensitive to sugar alcohols, you may want to try 100% pure bakers chocolate. However, you’ll need to add the sweetness of your own, since this recipe adjusts for the sweetness of the milk chocolate bar.
Additional tips from Atkins: try melting some in the microwave to use in your low carb baking or as a dip for strawberries.
These low carb peanut butter balls are a delicious treat and don’t become a messy heap of melted coconut oil if left out of the fridge for too long. This is why I coat them in chocolate incorporate a little heavy cream into the mixture.
It gives it more body and alleviates some of the sticky taste of peanut butter.
If you’re a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate, then you’ll probably also love my keto peanut butter cups recipe, which is coated in chocolate with salty peanut butter inside. It’s so delicious, and your friends won’t even know its keto!
You could also substitute the heavy cream for coconut cream in these balls, making a delicious dairy-free snack. They might even taste better!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, until next time!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 Bars Atkins Milk Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Into a medium mixing bowl, place the almond flour, coconut flour and erythritol. Mix together until well combined
- Next, add the peanut butter and heavy whipping cream. Mix again until well combined.
- Using a Tablespoon measure, separate out approximately 9 portions, and roll them into balls. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place the butter and Atkins Milk Chocolate into a double boiler over the stove, and heat until ingredients are combined.
- Remove from the heat, remove the peanut butter balls from the fridge, and roll each ball in the chocolate coating. Place onto a baking tray covered in parchment paper, and place back into the fridge to harden.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days, depending on the use by date of your cream.
Expert TipsThese low carb peanut butter balls are a delicious treat and don’t become a messy heap of melted coconut oil if left out of the fridge for too long. This is why I coat them in chocolate incorporate a little heavy cream into the mixture. It gives it more body and alleviates some of the sticky taste of peanut butter. You could also substitute the heavy cream for coconut cream in these balls, making a delicious dairy-free snack. They might even taste better!
Any questions? please search the help center on my website by clicking here