These keto snickerdoodle cookies are super delicious. If you imagine a delicious piece of french toast and turned it into a cookie, that’s exactly what you’re looking at right now!
Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies
The base of these keto snickerdoodle cookies are exactly the same as my keto chocolate chip cookies, just without the chocolate chips, but with a little extra almond flour and sugar-free maple syrup.
However, don’t underestimate the copycat essence of this recipe, in fact, those chocolate chip cookies were voted best recipe on my website to date…. So what are you waiting for?
Go and fire up those oven flames and cast your hands into gloves of steel ready to whip these bad boys together in a split.
What Are Snickerdoodle Cookies?
The taste of snickerdoodle to me is kinda like french toast. French toast is traditionally made using an egg mixture, maple syrup, cinnamon and of course… bread. But cookies? Yeah, I wasn’t so sure about this myself until I actually made them.
My gosh, it totally tastes like the real thing, just without all the pan-frying and egg mixture flung around the stovetop whilst attempting to flip the slippery suckers.
I can’t really say that these are a French butter cookie, that would be lying. They are more of a soft textured sugar-free cookie honestly.
Frech Toast Cookie Vs Snickerdoodle Cookie?
Some people actually call them snickerdoodles or a snickerdoodle cookie. never the less, I’m sure the cross-continental slang language barrier doesn’t stop you from making these…
These cookies don’t contain any milk, which is great. Milk-free french toast cookies! feel free to dip in almond milk.
Snickerdoodle Cookies with Coconut Flour
This recipe uses almond flour since they need to be nice and soft. I find using coconut flour troublesome and usually ends up harder than you want.
Instead, I would use sesame seed flour (which is still nut free) and can be replaced at the same ratio as almond flour in this recipe.
You can simply grind up sesame seeds in a food processor to make sesame seed flour. Just use untoasted sesame seeds, and don’t process them too much (it can turn into tahini).
Keto Cinnamon French Toast Cookies
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 2 Tbsp Erythritol (SoNourished)
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350 F). Melt the butter.
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with the erythritol and sugar free maple syrup. Add the vanilla and egg, mix on low for another 15 seconds exactly.
- Add the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Place in the fridge for 20 mins to let the ingredients solidify slightly
- Roll the dough to Make 12 balls, place the cinnamon and erythritol onto a place and roll the biscuts around in the mixutre, then place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins.
- Let them cool, and serve. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.