For my latest episode, it’s my pleasure to be interviewing Crystal Love, soon to be Crystal Sikes, the Female Ketogenic Athlete.
Crystal has been keto for 2.5 years, and she started keto for her digestive issues which we’ll discuss further in the interview. As she started to improve her overall health she began weightlifting, which lead to recently competing in her my first ever figure bodybuilding competition (winning first place using only the ketogenic diet).
Her biggest passion in life is helping others live their best life. She believes by coaching and assisting other people using the ketogenic diet and fitness is the number one way of being able to do that.
In this interview we discuss how using the ketogenic diet has helped her reverse the digestive issues she’s been managing, how her approach to fitness has changed over the past 3 years, what its like to train for a bodybuilding competition, and some of the common mistakes she sees people making before they come to her for coaching.
Crystal is one tough cookie, so I wanted to dig into some of the time management skills she’s built up that relate to being able to be so successful in not only online business, fitness and coaching, but branching out into physical products as well.
Crystal is such a wonderful glowing person to interview, so make sure you stick around to the end where she gives some fantastic tips on training and nutrition if you’re looking to progress towards your own competition.
- Start with a funny personal story
- For anyone who doesn’t know you, can you tell them a little more about you?
- How did you get started with the ketogenic diet, what was the motivation?
- What is your approach to fitness, and how has it changed over the past 5 years?
- What did you learn about yourself whilst training, and finally winning your bodybuilding competition?
- You’re also coaching for deeper state keto. What are some of the common mistakes you see people make before they come to you?
- I’d love to get your opinion on time management. How do you manage time, stress (workouts and other) nutrition and precision? How do you manage to get so much effective work done?
- 7 What’s your favorite keto food?
- What’s your favorite style of training run?
- What’s your least favorite keto food?
- What’s your least favorite training run?
- Who are you currently inspired by?
- Who is your number 1 supporter?
- What book or video you’ve watched recently inspired you?
- What music have you been listening to recently? (do you find music puts you off)
What would you tell someone transitioning from a self-managed ketogenic diet and training, into competing in their first competition, and what wouldn’t you tell them?
10% Happier by Dan Harris