Many people love the taste of fathead pizza, and honestly, who wouldn’t? But there comes a time for some people where you have to ask… is Almond Flour causing my weight loss to stall? Or am I having a mild allergic reaction to Almond Flour that’s causing inflammation in my body? Read on to find out!
Fathead pizza is simply a pizza base that is made mostly of cheese, eggs and almond flour. The trouble is that some people might be either allergic to nuts, or simply don’t want to buy the stuff (because it’s damn expensive!) Well, I’ve got the solution for you!
This fathead pizza dough is made entirely without almond flour and can resemble more of a thin and crispy base, depending on how much parmesan you want to put in it.
Parmesan cheese can be made into all sorts of different recipes, like crackers and other delicious snacks, so why wouldn’t it work well in pizza? Well… it does!
By adding parmesan cheese to this recipe, you’re effectively hardening the pizza base enough to get a crispy base, without the almond nuttiness that might be causing your weight loss to stall.
Now, why would almond flour cause your weight loss to stall?
Well, in most cases being allergic to almond flour causes your body to miss-interpret the proteins in almonds and a foreign substance that needs to be removed. Your body does everything to try and either pass it directly out of the body through the digestion system which causes other items in your stomach to not be digested OR or causes unforeseen stress on the body. As you know, stress, sleep, and diet are the main factors in a successful weight loss journey, so eating almonds might be causing some elevated levels of stress for you.
So how do you know if almonds are a problem for you?
The simplest way is to remove them from your diet and see how you feel. Generally, anything around the 4-week mark will give you a good amount of time for the stress to subside, and symptoms to subside, until you re-introduce them back into your diet. For everyone, allergic reactions can manifest in multiple ways, but you might be able to cross-reference with any of these common symptoms:
- Stomach pain
- Stomach cramps
- Itchy skin
- A runny nose and sinusitis
If you’re a pizza lover, and you can’t give it up just yet, then I definitely recommend trying this recipe out for the next few weeks instead of using almond flour. It might just be your saving grace!
Fathead Prosciutto Pizza Without Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Slices Proscuitto
- 10 Pitted Black Olives Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 10 Leaves Rocket Or any sort of peppery greenery
- Add the mozzarella cheese to a heatproof bowl, and either melt in a microwave for 90 seconds, or heat in boiling water for 10 mins until cheese has completely melted.
- Add the parmesan cheese, and room temperature eggs, mixing with a fork until well mixed together.
- Split the dough in half, and place each peice between two peices of partchment paper, rolling with a rolling pin (or wine bottle) until it resembles the shape of a pizza base. Remove top partchment paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven at 180C (355F) for 10 mins until the edges start to turn slightly brown / gold coloured.
- Remove from oven, spread the tomato sauce out on each pizza, top with proscuitto and sliced blacked olives. Add some extra parmesan cheese on top if desired. Return to oven for 5 mins.
- Serve and enjoy.
Any questions? please search the help center on my website by clicking here