In my 9nth episode, It’s my pleasure to interview Jane Downes.
Jane has worked as a personal trainer and nutrition coach since 2013.
She discovered the Keto diet while looking for relief from anxiety and depression through a non-medication approach.
She not only found the relief she was looking for, but also saw amazing results in her body composition, sustainable energy, better sleep quality, improved digestion, healthier skin, and many other health benefits.
Jane now specializes in helping clients create a low-carb or ketogenic lifestyle to achieve similar results. Wanting to share her results and help even more people, she co-founded FitKetoGirls with last weeks guest Liz Williams, which offers online nutrition and training programs and 6-week fitness and nutrition challenges.
In this interview, we talk about Janes motivation to sustain the ketogenic diet, and the powerful impact it’s had on her anxiety and depression, which was so great to learn from.
We also touch on the fact that she’s become significantly stronger over the past year living in Costa Rica by using CrossFit, and how Sun exposure, meditation, and other techniques have enabled her to reach personal goals like never before.
If you haven’t seen janes workouts over on her Instagram stories, then you might not know that she can put the hammer down when necessary, and we talk about how fitness has changed for her since she started back in 2013.
Jane also has a ketogenic cookbook being released later this year which is super exciting, so make sure you stick around till the end to find out what her secret recipe weapon for the week is. It may or may not include chocolate, and it’s something you’re going to have to try!
So Please welcome, Jane, Downes
- The story about shaving her head on a climbing camp.
- A little about you
- What was the motivation for you to start eating low carb/keto?
- What is your approach to fitness, and how has it changed over the past 5 years?
- How has nutrition impacted your lifestyle and goals?
- Running FitKetoGirls with Liz Williams, what are the 3 most common mistakes you see women doing that is limiting their progress?
- Upcoming Cook Book
- What’s your favorite low carb food?
- What’s your least favorite low carb keto food?
- What book or video has recently inspired you?
- What music have you been listening to recently?
- Describe your favorite recipe in tantalizing detail
When things fall apart – Pema Chödrön
FitKetoGirls Website -> https://fitketogirls.com/
Jane Downes Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/janehdownes/