Following a ketogenic diet can be tough at times, especially around birthday times, so I have set out to create the worlds best keto birthday cake.
Maybe you are making this for yourself, or you could be making this for a friend who is keto. Either way, you are going to blow socks off with this incredible recipe. This comes highly recommended to impress even those who aren’t keto.
So what’s the secret to this Keto Birthday Cake?
Well, in my testing for the revamp of the keto bread recipe, I noticed that gelatine has a pretty unique texture when it comes to being a binding agent. The consistency and gelatinous feel reminded me a lot of cake, which is exactly why I use gelatine in this recipe.
Gelatine isn’t vegetarian or vegan-friendly, however, you could also substitute this with guar gum or xanthan gum if that is important to you.
I borrowed the icing from one of my previous Lemon and Coconut Cake Recipes, as it has been a super delicious recipe for a long time now. The addition of a little lemon juice in the icing is what makes the vanilla flavor pop!
Keto Birthday Cake
Easy Low Carb Birthday Cake doesn’t need many different ingredients to taste delicious. The mix of coconut and almond flour is an absolute winner, but not 100% necessary.
If you are looking for more fluffy Keto Birthday Cake like this, you are going to love my other dessert recipes on the blog that are just as delicious is this one, or you can download my Best Selling Keto Cookbook to get started right away.
How many carbs does keto birthday cake have?
If you’re wondering How many carbs does keto birthday cake have?, then hopefully I can answer this question for you.
The nutritional information can be found here for this recipe:
I hope you enjoy this fluffy Keto Birthday Cake as much as I did testing, creating and photographing this recipe. Don’t forget to share this Keto Birthday Cake with a friend in need, or anyone who would be excited about finding a perfect fluffy Keto Birthday Cake.
Until Next Time.
Keto Birthday Cake - How To Bake For Your Keto Friends And Family
- 100 g Almond Meal (1 Cup / 3.5 oz)
- 30 g Coconut Flour (1/4 Cup / 1 oz)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g Erythritol (SoNourished) (1/2 Cup / 3.5 oz)
- 5 Large Eggs (50g Each / 1.5 oz each) seperated
- 60 g heavy whipping cream (1/4 Cup / 2 oz) (Thickened Cream AUS)
- 100 g Butter Melted (1/2 Cup / 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 Tablespoons gelatine powder
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 160C (320 F)
- Combine the almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and erythritol into one mixing bowl. Combine the ingreidnts together until a consistent colour is shown throughout the mixture
- Next, seperate the egg yolks from the egg whites into two seperate mixing bowls. Combine the heavy whipping cream, melted butter and vanilla extract with the egg YOLKS
- Using a small amount of warm water, melt the gelatine powder and mix with a small spoon until it looks well combined (it will start to become quite thick). Combine with the egg yolk mixture
- Beat the egg whites with and electric mixer for 1-2 mins on high. White peaks will begin to form in the egg whites.
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture in with the egg white mixture. Combine until a uniform colour.
- Also combine the almond / coconut flour mixuture with the egg white / yolk mixture, until its all in one bowl. Pour into a well buttered 20cm (7.5") cake tin.
- Place in the oven for 45 mins. Remove, check the middle is cooked, and let it cool until room temperature
- Combine the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and powdered erythirtol in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice. Use as icing for your cake once it has cooled sufficiently.
- Slice the cake in half slowly using a large blade, use 1/3 of the icing to layer between the cake, adding strawberries as needed.
- Ice the top of the cake with the remaining icing. Top with any kind of keto friendly berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) and enjoy. Best served fresh.