There’s nothing quite like a good keto cracker. I’ve sampled and made my fair share over the years, some delicious, some not so much!
These easy keto cheese crackers are one of my favourites. Perfectly crisp and just what you need in your keto go-to repertoire.
Keto Cheese Crackers Made Easy
You may call me biased, but for me, these are the best keto cheese crackers. They’re crunchy and cheesy and I bet that people won’t even guess that these low carb cheese crackers are keto-friendly!
How to Make Cheese Crackers Keto so they are Healthier to Snack On
This keto cheese crackers recipe starts off with a base of almond flour, cheese and eggs. They are full of flavour and perfect for the keto beginner or experienced keto cook.
Incredibly yummy as they are (for something so healthy!), do you know that as an added bonus, you can amp up the flavour of this easy keto cheese crackers recipe by experimenting with different herbs and spices?
Try playing with flavours using herbs like dried rosemary or thyme, or spices like paprika or chili flakes. Go ahead and make the taste even more exciting by using either onion or garlic powder or sun-dried tomatoes for some added tang!
Flavorful Crackers On the Go
When crackers come to mind, I’m sure they are something you would love to snack on while on the go. Well, with these keto cheese crackers, you can opt to bake a big batch to last you a couple of days, or even weeks if stored properly.
With that in mind, you will probably want to know how to store these keto cheese crackers. It’s quite simple, really. I highly advise storing your crackers in an airtight Tupperware, where they should last up to 5 days.
You can also store them in the freezer, especially if you’re making a huge batch.
I love to make a batch of these easy keto cheese crackers and take them in snack boxes when I’m on the go. They are perfect for your work lunch box or a fine pairing to your cheeseboard this Christmas.
CHOOSE A HARD CHEESE – I used a mixture of Gruyere and Parmesan in these crackers but any hard cheese would work too.
FINELY GRATE THE CHEESE – Using a fine grater works best as the cheese will mix into the dough better.
Other Recipes You Might Also Like
Keto Cheese Crackers
- 2 cups almond flour 200 g/7.1 oz
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan divided, 30 g/1.1 oz
- 1/2 cup grated hard Swiss cheese, such as Gruyere divided, 60 g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 large eggs
Optional extra flavourings you could try:
- 1/2 tsp onion powder or garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary or thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika or chilli flakes
- 3 to 4 large sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C/160 fan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the almond flour with half of the Parmesan and Swiss cheese, salt and pepper until combined. Add any extra flavourings at this stage if you wish. Add the eggs and blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Shape the dough as a ball; roll between two sheets of greaseproof paper so that it is approximately 3 mm thick.
For square or rectangular crackers
- Fold over the edges to form a rectangle and re-roll to the get rid of the fold. Using a pizza cutter, slice into 3 cm square crackers.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool to crisp up.
For round crackers
- Use a small 5 cm cookie cutter to cut out circles and place on a greaseproof lined baking sheet. Re-roll the remaining dough, cutting out circles until all the mix is used.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator