I always remember the festive season by the sweet smell of cloves and cinnamon. Low Carb Eggnog reminds me of those warm summer nights whilst attempting to cool down by drinking a cup of icy cold eggnog out of the carton. Since switching to the ketogenic diet, I’m unable to succumb to the store bought eggnog, so instead, I’ll be having a version of my own!
Low Carb Eggnog Without Alcohol
Brandy is a favourite of mine. I usually buy normal cooking brandy, as I generally don’t drink it by itself. However, if you have got kids, or just prefer not to drink alcohol altogether, then rum extract is your friend. I buy “Queens” rum extract that turns out really similar to brandy, you won’t even notice the difference 😉
I have been doing these recipes live on Facebook, so if you don’t already follow me and wish to see more recipes like this one, jump on over and catch a live recipe yourself! The link to this live recipe video can be found here
If you’re looking for more keto Christmas recipes, check out a few of these
I have a new video course out, Its called Keto Christmas
It’s called “A Very Keto Christmas” and it includes everything you need to create a mouthwatering holiday feast that your friends and family will love (even if they don’t know the first thing about keto).
- 90+ Mins of Fun Recipe Videos
- Full Keto Christmas Recipe Book
- All In 1 Shopping List
- Fancy Menu For Your Guests
- Cooking Order & Overview Directions
- Full Video of Keto Christmas With My Non-Keto Friends
Everything inside the bundle is based on an ACTUAL keto Christmas feast I made for my closest friends last week… I’ll literally walk you through everything from start to finish.
The key to making a great eggnog is by using heavy cream, and lots of it! The taste that gives the drink is phenomenal. Understandably, the cloves and cinnamon are what is providing most of the flavour, but don’t let this fool you into thinking that the cream isn’t doing all the heaving lifting.
Too Many Calories?
If this recipe has way too many calories for you, and it might do (595 per serve) I suggest adding half the amount of heavy cream and add more almond milk, (or water mixed with the cream to dilute it a little. Hopefully, that helps. That would bring it down to 395 Calories per serve (much more manageable).
Low Carb Eggnog - Keto Friendly
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Cream - Heavy
- 80 mls Brandy
- 2 Tbsp Natvia (Or Swerve)
- Mix together on low heat the almond milk, cloves and cinnamon in a pot on the stove. Mix together the egg yolks and natvia in a bowl. Add the vanilla essence to the pan.
- Once the almond milk has become hot, mix the egg yolks in and continue to stir for 3 mins until the mixture becomes thick, but not gluggy.
- Strain the cloves out from the mixture and serve into a cup, pour the cream and rum into the cup afterwards and mix through as little or as much as you like! Or put it in the fridge for a delicious cold eggnog (the contents still stay mixed together)
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator