Keto crispy fried chicken wings are the best recipe to prepare before football season kicks off. Pair this with a zero carb beer and you’re ready to go. The only problem is, who else is coming?
I’ve experimented with many things in my time in the kitchen, but one of the most mindblowing experiences came from using my regular protein powder as a “crunchy coating” on delicious food items that were in arms reach… chicken!
I walked into my local fitness and supplements store (muscle coach – west end) and asked the guy if he knew their protein powder would work in recipes for cooking. He looked at me, a little confused. “In cooking… yeah, okay I can definitely see that these might be delicious, but you’re just a little bit crazy! – I walked out with my 3kg bag of protein, only because they had such a good deal on at the time, and began to test!
I’m currently embarking on a personal goal. I want to tell everyone this “goal”, only so that there is some serious social accountability pushing my fat ass out the door each morning to exercise.
So whats my goal? Get a 6 pack. Plain and simple. I know that sounds pretty stupid, but every year I try to set goals for myself that are just beyond achievable, in order to push past preconceived boundaries.
Last year, I rode with my mates across Europe by bicycle, covering over 1000kms through the most beautiful scenery I could ever have imagined. The year before that? Rode 250kms in 1 day up 3 of the tallest mountains in Australia… yes, I’m CRAZY!
So with all that in mind, I’m cutting out all alcohol, coffee, and carbs. I’ve got 12 weeks locked in, so let’s hope these keto chicken wings pull me through some tough times ahead!
Keto recipes are a passion of mine, because not only can you make almost anything keto friendly, but because you have to get creative with the ways that you pursue these recipes in order to achieve maximum alike-ness. You don’t want to be cutting out delicious pass-times without making a keto crispy fried chicken recipe that actually tastes like the real thing right?
Not only did I create a keto crispy fried chicken recipe, but I also created a killer blue cheese buffalo sauce that goes perfectly with these wings. Buffalo sauce can also be store bought, and generally doesn’t contain too many carbs because it’s so creamy, but If you’ve got the time (and the skills to pay the bills) then why not learn how to make it? Takes less than 5 mins and you’re ready for chunky dunk!
I hope you enjoy this low carb buffalo wing recipe made into a keto crispy fried chicken bonanza. I really enjoyed making and creating this for you, so get cooking good looking!
Keto Crispy Fried Chicken
- 1 Portion Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce (Click For My Recipe)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the garlic, garlic powder, pepper, lemon, and garlic seasoning, coconut milk, and eggs.
- place the chicken wings into the bowl and make sure each peice is well coated with the egg wash mix
- heat your chosen oil in a large frying pan until its very hot, around 140 C is perfect frying temperature (280 F)
- Place the whey protein into a bowl, and one by one place each chicken wing into the mixture before adding it to the pan. Make sure you coat these well!
- Cook for 5 mins each side to ensure they are cooked right through.
- Serve with my buffalo blue cheese dipping sauce (https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/recipe/keto-blue-cheese-sauce/) and celery sticks for some added freshness. Enjoy!
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator