In this episode, It’s my pleasure to interview Martina,
Find KetoDietApp at Ket Diet App Website
Martina has always been passionate about nutrition and healthy living. She’s a firm believer in low-carb living and regular exercise. As a science geek, she bases her views on valid research and has the first-hand experience on the low-carb diet.
Martina changed the way she ate in 2011 when she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. She had no energy and found it more and more difficult to maintain a healthy weight.
After she witnessed the incredible benefits of low-carb eating firsthand, her and her partner created KetoDiet, a tracking, and planning application with hundreds of low-carb recipes, which is now one of the bestselling apps on the App Store and Google Play. Then, in 2012, She launched the KetoDiet blog.
Since 2016, She has authored 5 low-carb & keto books to help people follow a healthy diet and to show them that this way of eating doesn’t have to be complicated or boring.
Martina’s belief is that the Keto Diet is not just about losing weight at any cost; it’s about adopting a healthier lifestyle.
In this episode we talk all about the thyroid, and what foods can have an impact on certain hormones, as well as the story behind her journey from apps into food blogging, and everything that comes with it.
So Please welcome, Martina,
- A little about you
- What was the motivation for you to start eating low carb/keto?
- Through your own journey to improved health, what were some of the biggest successes towards a healthy thyroid? and in contrast to what were some of the failures along the way?
- I’m an app developer myself, so Back in 2011, what was the inspiration towards creating an app? What made you realize that this was going to be helpful to keto dieters?
- Your food photography really encapsulates the word “wholesome”. What resources did you find helpful along the way? (equipment, props, courses, practice?)
- Author of 5 keto cookbooks. Which cookbook was the most important one to make for you?
- What’s your favourite low carb food?
- What’s your favourite exercise?
- What’s your least favourite low carb keto food?
- What is your least favourite exercise?
- What book has recently inspired you?
- What music have you been listening to recently?
- What would be the biggest piece of advice you would go back and tell yourself when you were diagnosed with Hashimoto’s in 2011?
The Root Cause Of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
Tests to get done:
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #27: Journey To Ketogenic Ironman 70.3 and 100lb Weight Loss – Chela (FoodieTurnedSleevie)
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #26: Keto For Performance And 3 Phases To Break A Weightloss Plateau – Chris Irvin (The Ketologist)
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #25: Traveling With Keto – Nicole (TravelingKetoCat)