This keto egg loaf recipe is probably the easiest keto loaf you’ll ever make. It’s creamy, tastes like French toast and is super delicious with a cold glass of almond milk and a small amount of melted butter.
What Is Keto Egg Loaf?
Keto egg loaf is a simple, slightly sweet loaf of “bread” that is light and fluffy and tastes great with sugar-free maple syrup. Think of it as a healthy, keto substitute for French toast.
This loaf is different from your typical keto bread since it mainly consists of eggs, cream cheese and butter.
It’s sweet, fluffy and spongy, almost like a slice of fresh white bread, just without all the carbohydrates.
I baked this in an 8″ X 4″ (20 cm x 10 cm) loaf tin. You could definitely double this recipe and make a super high loaf with a rounded top almost like tip top white.
Frequently Asked Questions
Keto Egg Loaf Nutrition
This recipe is perfect for those who are looking to watch their total carbohydrate intake since there is only 1 g of total carbs per slice.
The recipe panel below should show you the nutritional values for this keto egg loaf.
The macros are:
Keto Egg Loaf Microwave Recipe
To make this recipe in the microwave, I would suggest the following alterations.
1 large egg
30 g (1 oz) softened cream cheese
1/4 tsp gelatin powder
1 tsp erythritol or 3 drops of stevia
1 tbsp (0.5 oz) melted butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Place all ingredients into a mug and mix together with a fork. Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
Keto Egg Loaf French Toast
This egg loaf makes a delicious French toast recipe. You can follow the recipe suggestions in my French toast recipe here.
This recipe is out of my Keto Bread Cookbook
My book shows how to convert regular flour to keto friendly flours so you can easily create delicious, healthy bread with confidence.
It also contains a full list of suitable binding agents and their conversions so there is no need to buy extra ingredients if you only have certain ones on hand.
It also contains a helpful guide on creating keto bread that tastes less “eggy” for those who are particularly sensitive to sulfur smells and tastes.
Keto Egg Loaf
- 250 g Cream Cheese softened, 8.8 oz
- 8 large Eggs
- 50 g Butter melted, 1.8 oz
- 2 tbsp Erythritol (SoNourished) or 12 drops of stevia
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp Gelatin Powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (355 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the eggs, butter, and erythritol until smooth.
- Combine the cold water and gelatin powder to rehydrate the gelatin. Leave it to sit for 3 minutes, then remove the gelatin from the cold water, add to hot water, then beat into the egg mixture.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour the batter into the tin. Sprinkle with the with cinnamon and nutmeg, and gently stir it in with a spoon. This will give the loaf a brown looking top.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and allow it to cool before slicing.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator