Keto French Toast is a super delicious combination of Keto Bread and sugar-free maple syrup that is a delicious keto breakfast idea. It’s made using my famous Low Carb Bread (almond flour bread recipe), with a few delicious additions that will make you drool all over the plate.
I’ve wanted to do this recipe for a while now. The first thing I think of when you have a perfect slice of fresh keto bread is…. what else can I make from these? WELL, I’ve explored all sorts of avenues using bread as a base, like keto coconut bread, keto cloud bread, and even instant keto bread. But never have I tried the outer bounds of bread recipes. Next… croutons!
Warm winter mornings are always best accompanied by some french toast, even with a fresh cup of black coffee, these delicious peanut butter coated breakfast hits are a real treat.
The trick to a great slice of low carb french toast is the thickness of the keto bread. The thicker you slice it, the better it turns out. Pan fried french toast has to be an all-time favorite for breakfast, but make sure you have enough keto bread for lunch!
You can add all sorts of toppings to your keto french toast, but the ones I like to use are powdered erythritol and sugar-free maple syrup (or even blueberry maple syrup). A squeeze of lemon and some butter might also do the trick or even some Keto Icecream for a super decadent treat.
Think pancakes when you think french toast. If it goes well on pancakes, I guarantee you it will also work on french toast.
I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I did, and as usual feel free to leave a comment if any of the information in this post is confusing. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it no troubles, I belive in you 🙂
Keto French Toast with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup - Keto Bread Recipes
- At this point, I assumed you've made the keto bread, or you've got some left over.
- Take 2 eggs and whisk them in a bowl. Pour into a small flat pan and soak each think slice of keto bread for 2 mins each side
- Heat a frying pan to medium high, and add the butter to the pan. Fry each piece of bread for around 3 mins each side.
- Optional extras: mix peanut butter with cream to give it a really smooth texture, and spread on the inside of two pieces of french toast.
- Top this with some powdered erythritol, sugar free maple syrup and some heavy cream, and you've got yourself a delicious meal suitable for the whole family!.