The perfect keto lemon curd is one that tastes good by itself, however, this keto lemon curd is also delicious as a spread for keto toast, keto scones or to sandwich together with a keto sponge cake. It’s a perfect gift for a friend (even if they are not keto).
4 Ingredient Keto Lemon Curd
This keto dessert is so simple. It only has 4 different ingredients, how great is that? Honestly, I was really surprised at how amazing this recipe tastes, and it’s very hard to get wrong. The sweetener balances the acidity of the lemon flavour, it leaves you wanting more!
Using Fresh Free Range Eggs
Lemon is such a fantastic colour, combined with the yolks of a few homegrown chicken eggs, its such a vibrant yellow colour!
This comes entirely from the colour of the lemons and the egg yolks, so if you’re looking for a vibrant colour in your curd, it is best to use good quality fresh free range eggs.
The colour of egg yolks usually depends more on a chickens diet more so than the quality of it’s life, however by buying good quality eggs, you are supporting quality farms, they are better for you, and better for the chickens.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed creating it. You’re seriously going to love this recipe, and if you don’t go and make this, I’m doing something wrong! So don’t let me down 🙂
- Keto Lemon Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Blueberries Keto Lemon Tart with Coconut Cream
- Keto Lemon Curd Pie – The Zesty Low Carb Flavour Favourite
The Perfect Keto Lemon Curd
- 4 Lemons juice and zest
- 1/2 cup Erythritol (SoNourished)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Grab a medium heatproof bowl and squeeze the lemons, zest the skin, add the natvia (or erythritol) and add the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Don’t let the bowl touch the bottom of the pan. Stir the mixture until all the butter has melted.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and egg yolk, then stir into the heated mixture. Stir and cook for around 10 mins until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and put the mixture into sterilised jars and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator