Store bought mayonnaise can be expensive, and filled with harsh vegetables, or soy. That’s why making homemade keto mayonnaise is well worth the effort. Its cheaper, healthier and contains zero nasty ingredients.
Mayonnaise is a friendly accompaniment to chicken recipes or any other white meats that tend to go dry. Not only does keto mayonnaise help boost the fat content of your meal, but it can improve the flavor of even the blandest recipe.
Most store-bought mayonnaise contains soybean oil, which can be a problem for those suffering from a common illness known as Polycystic ovarian syndrome (or PCOS).
Olive oil is a much better alternative and contains many antioxidants that soybeans don’t contain.
How Does This Keto Mayonnaise Taste?
This mayonnaise is creamy, zesty and full of flavor. The combination of eggs, dijon mustard, and lemon juice is not a flavor force to be reckoned with.
The reason mayonnaise becomes a light creamy sauce as opposed to an oily mess is a scientific process called an “Emulsion”.
This is where fine droplets of one ingredient are evenly dispersed throughout another ingredient that wouldn’t usually mix together.
This emulsion is the key to having a light and fluffy mayonnaise, compared to a jar of lightly colored white muck! But don’t worry, I’m going to teach you exactly how to master this recipe so that you’ll never have to buy mayonnaise ever again!
Frequently Asked Questions About Mayonnaise
Hopefully, I can answer these questions in as much detail as possible.
How many calories does keto mayonnaise have?
In 1 serving of mayonnaise, which is usually around 1 tablespoon is 142 calories or 594 kJ.
How many carbs mayonnaise
This mayonnaise has only 0.2g per serve. That’s fantastic news for the ketogenic diet.
How Much Mayonnaise Is Healthy?
Wellthat’sts a tough question. On a strictly low carb diet, as much mayonnaise that fits into your caloric limits would be ideal for the ketogenic diet, however, if you’re following a high carb diet, then I would suggest limiting yourself to 1 tablespoon per day.
Keto Mayonnaise - Homemade Keto Recipes
- 250 ml olive oil Light Tasting Works Best
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Whole Egg Yolk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon Juice From Whole Lemon
- Place the egg yolk and Dijon mustard into the bottom of a bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Slowly, add the olive oil, mixing consistently throughout the process. I cannot stress how slowly you have to pour this oil in, otherwise the emulsion won't work.
- Once the mixture starts to form a slightly stiffer consistency, you can add the oil in more rapidly without any concern.
- Mix in the lemon juice and salt. This will give the mayonnaise a lighter colour and make it taste just like real mayonnase.
Any questions? please search the help center on my website by clicking here