Keto peanut butter cups are my new favorite fat bomb recipe, mainly because they are a tasty snack. Oh, and did I mention they really only have 3 ingredients? WHAT? Yup, three-ingredient keto fat bombs never tasted so great. Bonus extra little step outside of the comfort zone.
Recipe Tips For Success
As you’ll read in the recipe description, you’ll be placing peanut butter in small dollops like pictured below. I found that having the peanut butter slightly cooled helps to place a perfect drop of peanut butter onto the chocolate mold, without it running into the edges. If it does touch the edges, don’t worry! You can spread it out and simply make a peanut butter layer, which tastes just as great and isn’t so precise.
This recipe will make 6 peanut butter cups using small cupcake sized liners. You can make these any size, but be sure to watch the calories on these ones, because 1 fat bomb is nearly 300 calories. A perfect fatty snack, but also a danger zone if binge eating is a thing for you.
Can I Use Other Fillings If I’m Allergic To Peanuts?
Of Course! peanut butter is a tricky one these days, especially to the overwhelming allergic reactions some people can have if peanuts have been used, or any nuts in general.
If you can handle coconut (because it’s technically not a tree nut), you could create a peppermint fat bomb by using 4 tablespoons of coconut oil instead of peanut butter, and mixing it with some peppermint extract, and 1 tablespoon of erythritol… oh and make sure its powdered erythritol otherwise you’ll have crunchy middle bits… you don’t make friends with crunchy middle bits.
Otherwise, if you’re totally against nuts, instead try adding a dollop of cream cheese mixed with any extract you can think of (vanilla, banana, rum) etc. This would still have a similar texture, but wouldn’t contain the nuts.
I hope you love this recipe!
Keto Peanut Butter Cups - Chocolate Fat Bomb Recipe
- 120 g Sugar Free Dark Chocolate 4 oz (Melted)
- 100 g Butter 3.5 oz (Melted)
- 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Pinch of salt
- Place 6 paper cupcake molds into a cupcake tray.
- Either using a double boiler or a microwave, melt the butter and the chocolate together until completely combined.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of the 6 cupcake molds. Put in the freezer for 10 mins until the top is hard.
- Place about a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each solidified chocolate mould, making sure the peanut butter isn’t touching the sides.
- Place in the freezer again for 10 mins.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate and butter mixture over the peanut butter (hopefully covering the peanut butter) and place in the freezer until ready to eat.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator