When you switch to a ketogenic diet, for most people it is very hard to give up easy dishes such as bread and pasta. This keto seeded bread recipe makes the switch much easier, giving you the ability to still have sandwiches and toast.
This bread is similar to my famous keto bread recipe but tastes much more like real bread due to the addition of seeds such as sesame seeds and chia seeds.
Keto Seeded Bread
Having eggs on toast…. Without the toast… just sucks! So having bread for the occasional times when needed is a real blessing.
Make sure when you make this low carb bread, that you place baking paper in the tray whilst baking. The first time I did this, was without baking paper. Trust me, this is not what you want to be scraping out of the tin. Low carb bread recipes can be quite tricky to remove from the baking tin.
Most butter found in Australia is grass fed for the majority of its life. The reason grass-fed butter has been pushed within the ketogenic community is that not many countries have access to good quality butter, and mainly rely on many grain-fed cattle from different parts of the world.
Butter from grass-fed cows is also much higher in Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K2, compared to butter from grain-fed cows. As you can see, butter from grass-fed cows is a much healthier and more nutritious choice.
Kerrygold butter is the best butter to use, but here in Australia, Kerrygold can be expensive.
If you want to know more about what different types of butter are best for what, you can read my guide on butter for some clarification.
Makes 16 Slices
If you’re looking for ideas on what to make with this bread, I made a steak sandwich with this bread. It’s super delicious toasted as well!
If you really love this recipe or find one of the photos drool-worthy, then share it with your friends.
Friends don’t let friends eat carbs!
One of my readers (Stephanie), who has made it over 20 times, sent some fantastic tips for this recipe:
- Adding *ground* flax seed works even better than sesame seeds, still, recommend sesame seeds on top
- Room temp eggs make all the difference in creating a higher loaf
- Toast before eating!! you should hear the butter sizzle
- I’ve always made this with salted butter and comes out tasting perfect
- Refrigerate after a day or two (max) in room temp, as I think xanthan gum starts to do something weird after that
This is the only keto bread I consistently bake to have around the house (and closest I’ve found to real bread), good for breakfast with some avocado or eggs! Also, really great for your digestive system due to all the fibre.
Thanks for the helpful tips, Stephanie!
Low Carb Bread Recipe - Keto Seeded Bread
- Preheat oven to 180C (355F)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the large eggs together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix together well. Using an electric hand whisk often helps with this recipe as the mixture can become quite thick.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Place sesame seeds on top (optional)
- Bake for 40 minutes. (Remove once a skewer comes out of the middle clean).
- Can be sliced into 16 slices. Best kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 weeks.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Expert TipsMake sure when you make this low carb bread, that you place baking paper in the tray whilst baking. The first time I did this, was without baking paper. Trust me, this is not what you want to be scraping out of the tin. Low carb bread recipes can be quite tricky to remove from the baking tin.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator