Everyone loves my keto chocolate chip cookies recipe, so I wanted to do an experiment. Would these cookies make a great giant keto skillet chocolate chip cookie? Turns out they might be even better ??
Keto Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Baking Tips
First, start off by mixing all of the dry ingredients together. I actually use Almond Meal (which you can buy from Coles and Woolworths), so it’s technically not called almond flour, but they must be very similar as this certainly doesn’t look like its got any husk left over from the almonds.
Next, you add in the chocolate chips once you’ve added in the butter, eggs and erythritol. It should be a slightly wet mixture. If the mixture is too hard at this stage, you can always experiment by adding a Tbsp of water at a time to loosen things up. You shouldn’t need to, but depending on the fat content in the almond flour you use, it might be a good alteration.
I love using my cast iron skillet. This is a 20cm version and its perfect for frying steaks, or anything that requires even constant heat. In this case, the cast iron acts as a great oven type material and cooks the cookie so evenly, it will make you want to cook everything in it!
Spreading out the cookie dough in the skillet requires a little patience, but I used a rubber spatula for this one, and it turned out great.
I mostly use Lilly’s Chocolate Chips when I can get them, however, if you live in Australia, simply cutting up Lindt 90% dark chocolate will work the trick, and its almost just as low carb as any unsweetened bakers chocolate out there.
This is what your keto skillet chocolate chip cookie should look like. I used some Keto Ice Cream to serve this cookie, and a drizzle of dark chocolate ganache (which is equal parts 90% Lindt dark chocolate and heavy whipping cream tempered to create a thick sauce).
I have used a 20cm (8 inch) well-seasoned skillet for this recipe. You can also line the skillet with strips of parchment paper if you are unsure about the seasoning of your skillet.
Keto Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Preheat your oven to 180C (355 F). Microwave the butter for 30 seconds to melt, but it shouldn’t be hot.
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with the erythritol. Add the vanilla and egg, mix on low for another 15 seconds exactly.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Press the dough together and remove from the bowl. Combine the chocolate chips into the dough with your hands.
- Press the dough into a 20cm buttered cast iron skillet, making sure it is as level as possible
- Place the skillet in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Serve with keto ice cream and a basic dark chocolate ganache. Keep in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator