Getting plenty of green vegetables and superfoods are important on the ketogenic diet to balance your electrolytes, so this Keto Superfood Salad is your new best friend.
I’m a big fan of adding crunchy, slightly baked vegetables into a salad for some added texture, along with a variety of nutrients that come with different vegetables. I always hated alfalfa sprouts as a kid, but have found that incoporating them into my diet always keeps me feeling good, with a high immune system and plenty of beneficial fiber. Vegetables like broccoli contain sulphuraphane which is very important, and studies consistently confirm that diets rich in cruciferous vegetables are linked to a decreased risk for chronic diseases, like cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Keto Superfood Salad
If you are looking for more crunchy Keto Superfood Salad like this, you are going to love my other lunch recipes on the blog that are just as delicious is this one, or you can download my Best Selling Keto Cookbook and get even more great keto lunch recipes.
Or if you are looking for more Low Carb Salad recipes sequenced into an easy keto meal plan, then you’ll enjoy my 4 week keto meal plan, filled with many more lunch ideas like this recipe.
How many calories in Keto Superfood Salad?
If you’re wondering How many calories in Keto Superfood Salad?, then hopefully I can answer this question for you.
The nutritional information can be found here for this recipe:
How many carbs in Salad?
That’s a good question. Well, I also wondered about How many carbs in Salad? before I created this recipe, so you’re not alone! If you look above, hopefully, the nutritional information panel can answer this question, but if it doesn’t, you can always leave a comment below and I’ll answer as promptly as I can.
I hope you enjoy this crunchy Keto Superfood Salad as much as I did testing, creating and photographing this recipe. Don’t forget to share this Keto Superfood Salad with a friend in need, or anyone who would be excited about finding a perfect crunchy Keto Superfood Salad.
Until Next Time.
Keto Superfood Salad
- 1 Cup Fresh Kale
- 1/2 Cup Lettuce Leaves
- 1/2 Head Broccoli Or Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Small Handfull Alfalfa Sprouts
- 50 g Danish Feta Cheese 1.75 oz
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat an oven to 180C (355F).
- Slice the kale into “chip” sized pieces, place them on a baking tray, cover with olive oil and bake for 10-15 mins until crispy.
- Slice the broccoli (or brussels sprouts) into florets and slice those florets in half. In a frying pan lined with oil, cook the broccoli cut side down for 10 mins, adding the pine nuts in for the last 5 mins.
- Remove the kale from the oven, and place in a bowl with the sliced lettuce leaves.
- Add in the broccoli and pine nuts once sufficiently browned.
- Slice the avocado and red chili, crumble the feta cheese. Serve warm.