Keto Tortillas are perfect for making fajitas and hold together very well as a wrap. Gluten-free tortillas often crumble, but this recipe holds together perfectly which is such a relief.
These keto tortillas are super flexible. As you can see from the photos, the fold and bend easily, and they hold anything you can put in them. The problem with gluten free low carb tortillas usually is that they break, crumble and fall apart as soon as you wrap them.
You could create low carb tortilla chips with these by baking them in the oven at 180C (355 F ) for 10 mins until crunchy. You could serve them with low carb dill dip, avocado guacamole or baba ganoush.
Low Carb Tortillas
Strictly speaking, ketogenic diets are high in fat, and low in carbs. These wraps need to be combined with a fatty source to help balance the protein from the egg whites and fiber from the coconut flour in order to be classed as strict keto, but nevertheless, they are perfect either way.
The paleo diet doesn’t allow any dairy, which sets it apart from the ketogenic diet. These wraps, however, comply with the ketogenic diet AND the paleo diet, because they contain no butter (which is usually the ingredient that separates keto from paleo.)
Not only are these perfect paleo wraps, but they also make perfect paleo tortillas. Coconut flour is also considered to be “nut free” by most people, as coconut is actually a Drupe, not a nut. However, most people who are allergic to nuts also avoid coconut, so sesame seed flour could also be used, but instead, you would have to use 1/2 cup sesame flour instead of coconut oil.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did creating it. Have a great weekend!
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Cup Egg Whites (Carton Egg Whites Work Best)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika (optional)
- Mix together the egg whites, water and coconut flour
- Add the cumin and smoked paprika, and mix in well
- Heat a frying pan to medium high, line with a very thin layer of coconut oil (brush out excess) and pour in enough mixture to make a medium sized pancake, but quickly move the frying pan around so that the mixture coats the bottom of the entire frying pan with a very thin coating
- Once the edges begin to lift, using a spatular, gently attempt to remove the tortilla from the pan, and flip onto the other side. Cook for another 30 seconds and its done.
- You can watch me cook them in this video found here -> https://youtu.be/g810_fZG66I?t=1m30s
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator