In my 10th episode, It’s my pleasure to interview Miles Russel
Miles is an assistant attorney general working in Washington State.
During his time at law school, Miles got as heavy as 465lb, which lead him to discover the ketogenic diet, proceeding to lose 260lb (117 kgs) over the next 5 years.
At a low of 202lbs at 6′ 5” today he focuses on maintenance and weightlifting and currently sits at around 215-225. He has beaten all the statistics and kept the weight off, continuing to thrive on keto.
Outside of being an assistant attorney general, he enjoys hiking, cycling, photography and traveling domestically and abroad when possible.
In this podcast, we discuss how his life changed from when he was his heaviest, to when he was his lightest, and some of the social adjustments that came along with it.
We also discuss the highlights, and the failures along his 5-year journey, and how going keto doesn’t have to involve everyone around you.
We also chat about some of his idols in the ketogenic community, and how motivation can come from not only people in your direct surroundings but also from mentors online.
He is such a well-spoken guy with a great attitude towards the ketogenic diet, so this interview is an easy one to listen to, especially because he gives some fantastic tips at the end on what advice he might give to someone like himself who was just starting out.
So Please welcome, Miles Russell,
- Start with a funny personal story that you would be willing to share
- A little about you
- What was the motivation for you to start eating low carb/keto?
- So you lost 260 lb (117 kgs), firstly congratulations, how does everyday life change for you when you’ve experienced both sides of the scales so to speak?
- What were some of the biggest successes throughout the weight loss journey, and in contrast to what were some of the failures along the way? (going off keto impact?)
- Let’s talk about the personal journey of changing your diet when others around you either don’t see your vision or just simply aren’t interested. Understanding your position? – through example, not preaching!
- Building muscle on the ketogenic diet, how has weight lifting, hiking and cycling impacted your physical health, and what made you want to start?
- What’s your favourite low carb food?
- What’s your favourite exercise
- What’s your least favourite low carb keto food?
- What is your least favourite exercise?
- What book or video has recently inspired you?
- What music have you been listening to recently?
- If someone out there is currently in your position right now where you were 5 years ago, what would you say to them? And what would you NOT say to them?
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #27: Journey To Ketogenic Ironman 70.3 and 100lb Weight Loss – Chela (FoodieTurnedSleevie)
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #26: Keto For Performance And 3 Phases To Break A Weightloss Plateau – Chris Irvin (The Ketologist)
- The FatForWeightLoss Show Episode #25: Traveling With Keto – Nicole (TravelingKetoCat)