Milk chocolate keto muffins are a light, fluffy muffin that contains a few chocolate chip pieces that will satisfy your sweet tooth, and curb any sweet cravings.
This post is sponsored by Atkins Au/Nz. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that help make FatForWeightLoss possible!
These chocolate chip muffins are a delicious mid morning snack, and super handy to use with meal prep, since you have 6 muffins ready to go throughout the week (and a cheeky dessert for the weekend).
The taste is very similar to an ordinary muffin, but the size is a little smaller. Most bakery’s love to make these jumbo sugar filled muffins that not only look big, but are excessively sweet. These muffins contain 8 times less carbs than regular muffins, and won’t hurt your waistline.
WHAT IS ATKINS MILK CHOCOLATE BAR?
The Atkins Milk Chocolate bar is a smooth and creamy milk chocolate bar. With only 1.5 grams of carbs, it’s the perfect treat to help curb your chocolate cravings.
They actually taste really good. They are not something I would eat every day, but in a pinch, these chocolate bars are super delicious as a snack. They have 10X fewer carbs than a regular chocolate bar of the same weight which is impressive since they taste very similar.
Cocoa Butter, Maltitol, Polydextrose, cocoa mass, milk solids, emulsifiers, natural flavour, sweetener (sucralose).
For those who are sensitive to sugar alcohols, you may want to try 100% pure bakers chocolate. However, you’ll need to add the sweetness of your own, since this recipe adjusts for the sweetness of the milk chocolate bar.
Additional tips from Atkins: try melting some in the microwave to use in your low carb baking or as a dip for strawberries.
Milk Chocolate Keto Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the almond flour and baking powder. Mix until uniform in color.
- Crack the eggs into the almond flour mixture, and mix until well combined. Then add the melted butter, erythrtiol, vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix together.
- Chop the bars of chocolate into 7 pieces each, and set aside.
- Pour the muffin mixture into 6 muffin holders. Add 1 Tbsp of the chocolate pieces into each muffin, and press down slightly into the liquid. Separate any remaining chocolate into each muffin.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes, check if they are golden brown on top and firm, otherwise place in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.