Keto Pork Belly is this fantastic dish that goes down a treat when paired with crispy green onion, zesty lime wedges and a nice helping of flakey salt. They are delicious little pieces of heaven that can be just as much a main dish as a delicious appetizer.
This pork belly was inspired by my ramen port belly and the way that Japanese cook meats in a shallow bath of water, usually mixed with soy sauce and other condiments. Soy sauce generally isn’t suitable for the ketogenic diet as it contains a concentrated amount of gluten, not to mention the grain soy which can be relatively estrogen mimicking (which isn’t good for males of females as it can put hormones out of balance in just about anyone). In saying this, if you find that soy sauce isn’t an issue for you, and you’ve already assessed this through the form of an elimination diet or such process, then you should be completely fine.
The pork belly comes out super crispy on one side, and still super juicy on the other. This is done by pan frying the fat after the initial oven method has been completed, which brings out an irregular crunch and salty goodness that cannot be achieved just by pan frying the pork belly.
Soaking the pork belly lets the protein take on the amazing flavor of the juices and marinades, whilst keeping it super juicy while in the oven to prevent the meat from becoming dry and inedible. It’s an incredible technique and generally is reserved for proteins that can take on plenty of flavors like pork and chicken.
Keto Pork Belly
If you are looking for more crispy Keto Pork Belly like this, you are going to love my other dinner recipes on the blog that are just as delicious is this one, or you can download my Best Selling Keto Cookbook and get even more great keto dinner recipes.
Or if you are looking for more Oven Baked Pork Belly recipes sequenced into an easy keto meal plan, then you’ll enjoy my 4 week keto meal plan, filled with many more dinner ideas like this recipe.
How many calories in Pork Belly?
If you’re wondering How many calories in Pork Belly?, then hopefully I can answer this question for you.
The nutritional information can be found here for this recipe:
How many carbs in Pork Bell?
That’s a good question. Well, I also wondered about How many carbs in Pork Bell? before I created this recipe, so you’re not alone! If you look above, hopefully, the nutritional information panel can answer this question, but if it doesn’t, you can always leave a comment below and I’ll answer as promptly as I can.
I hope you enjoy this crispy Keto Pork Belly as much as I did testing, creating and photographing this recipe. Don’t forget to share this Pork Belly with Green Onion with a friend in need, or anyone who would be excited about finding a perfect crispy Pork Belly with Green Onion.
Until Next Time.
Pork Belly with Green Onion
- In a large flat dish (large enough to lay the pork belly inside), place the pork belly inside skin up.
- In a small bowl, mix together the liquid aminos, water, garlic, erythritol, oyster sauce, smoked paprika and peppercorns.
- Pour the mixture into the dish with the pork belly, but make sure it stops before it reaches the skin of the pork belly (shallow marinade).
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C (355F). Place a rack onto a baking tray lined with foil, and pour ½ cup water into the baking pan.
- Remove the pork and place onto the rack, cover generously with salt and cook for 40 mins.
- Increase the heat to 200 C (390 F) and cook for another 30 mins until the top is crispy.
- Remove the pork from the oven, and slice into 2 inch cubes as shown in the photos. In a separate frying pan on high, cook each side of the pork belly until crispy.
- pour some of the leftover marinade into the pan and let it bubble for 3 – 5 minutes. Chop up your shallots and cook them in the marinade for 1 minute.
- Remove from the pan, and serve with fresh lime.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator