Lemon and coconut are flavours that go together in all scenarios, especially when putting together a keto dessert like this keto lemon tart.
The tart crust is actually just a paired down version of my Keto Pie Crust recipe and works really well as a tart crust.
I used an 8″ tart pan for this recipe, but you could also use a large one by increasing the recipe by 2 slices every inch large your tin is.
Do you like my new copper cooling rack? I purchased it from my local homewares store, which is very dangerous as it is only just across the road. It only becomes dangerous when I travel to Aldi to get ingredients and have to walk STRAIGHT PAST! -So very dangerous!
This recipe could easily be made into a lime and coconut tart, almost like a pina colada without the pineapple (unless they have a pineapple extract?). Maybe its time for you to get creative this summer!
The gelatine is the main ingredient that holds the pie filling together so that a slice comes out perfectly. Without gelatine, you could possibly substitute with agar agar, which is vegan-friendly.
Speaking of vegan-friendly, you could also substitute the butter in the crust with coconut oil, and substitute the egg yolk in the filling with 1 extra tablespoon of coconut oil.
This recipe is inspired by Yukiko, (@foodie.yuki) I’ve been food photography crushing on her IG account recently because she has amazing photos …turns out she’s a much better photographer than I am ?
Keto Lemon Tart with Coconut Cream
- Combine the dry crust ingredients together in a food processor, blend in the cubed cold butter until combined. Rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Combine all filling ingredients, except for the egg yolk, into a pot over medium heat until combined.
- Temper the egg yolk into the filling ingredients in a separate bowl, then continue to cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Press the crust into a 8" tart pan, and cook at 180C (355F) for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the filling, and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.