The perfect keto lemon curd is one that tastes good by itself, however, this keto lemon curd is also delicious as a spread for keto toast, keto scones or to sandwich together with a keto sponge cake. It’s a perfect gift for a friend (even if they are not keto).
This keto dessert is so simple. It only has 4 different ingredients, how great is that? Honestly, I was really surprised at how amazing this recipe tastes, and its very hard to get wrong. Because the natvia balances the acidity of the lemon flavor, it leaves you wanting more!
Lemon is such a fantastic color, combined with the yolks of a few homegrown chicken eggs, its such a vibrant yellow color! My girlfriend used to have a yellow Mitsubishi Lancer that was exactly this color, and whilst it was a little old, the color stood out like no other! We’d drive down the coast and people would do a double take on the sheer color of the car. Those were the days!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed creating it. You’re seriously going to love this recipe, and if you don’t go and make this, I’m doing something wrong! So don’t let me down 🙂
The Perfect Keto Lemon Curd
- 4 Lemons (Juice and Zest)
- 1/2 Cup Natvia (Or Erythritol)
- 100 g Butter
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Grab a medium heatproof bowl and squeeze the lemons, zest the skin, add the natvia (or erythritol) and add the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Don't let the bowl touch the bottom of the pan. Stir the mixture until all the butter has melted.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and egg yolk, then stir into the heated mixture. Stir and cook for around 10 mins until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and put the mixture into sterilised jars and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.