There are several ways to get the best results when it comes to skin and body care. While most people in Australia will choose to use moisturizers, sunscreen or concealers to protect their skin against UV radiation, ageing and removing acne, technology is also making an impact with inventions that could provide the efficiency missing from ordinary skincare products.
Joovv Go red light therapy is one solution born out of this technology. Red light therapy is the use of low-level red wavelengths to treat various skin issues. This low light therapy is referred to as photobiomodulation.
This practice has been in use since the 1900s, and the physician Endre Mester discovered it. Mester discovered some impressive qualities about the low-level red light.
When this low-level red light was applied on bald mice, it was found that these bald mice grew hair much faster than hairless mice that were not exposed to this red light .
The red light that was used on mice made its way into outer space and was used to grow plants in space. Scientist realized that the light being emitted from the red low emitting diodes (LED) initiated photosynthesis and helped the cells within plants grow.
If this red light could be so useful to start a life in space, then it could be used for far greater purposes. This research led to the thought process of using it on human cells, and research began using red light therapy to treat skin ulcers that have become resistant to every other medical treatment.
WHAT IS RED LIGHT THERAPY?
Natural sunlight is made up of the entire visible light spectrum (400 – 700nm) as well as ultraviolet (UV; 300-400nm) and infrared (700-1000nm) light. The human body has specific responses to light in the 600 – 800nm.
These wavelengths of light energy can pass through human tissue much easier than other wavelengths. The rays in this wavelength are known as the red light and near-infrared light, which is capable of delivering beneficial Wavelengths of lights to the skin cell.
Specifically, red and infra-red light in the mid 600nm and mid 800 nm range provides optimal biological responses that produce energy that can be absorbed by the body to stimulate Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) .
ATP produced through cellular respiration is a crucial molecule required by all living things to make usable energy for the body. This ATP is often called the energy currency of life because it is the main transportation at the cellular level in the human body.
In other words, cells that receive this anti-aging energy, rejuvenating boost from the red and near infra-red light can perform their natural functions at a heightened level.
THE BENEFITS OF THE RED AND NEAR INFRA-RED-LIGHT THERAPY
Red and near infra-red-light therapy has impressive potential in the healing process of our skin and bodies on a molecular level and beyond . This therapy is useful in treating injuries such as burns, infected injuries, and amputation wounds to ensure a higher success rate for healing.
The red light stimulates the functioning of fibroblast, which is responsible for the production of collagen . When fibroblast are exposed to red light or near infra-red, they create more collagen. Collagen makes up more than half of the protein found in the human skin, the presence of enough collagen in the body prevent wrinkles, stretch lines, and other skin blemishes, making them less noticeable .
THE BENEFITS OF JOOVV GO RED LIGHT THERAPY
Many individuals have opted to use the Joovv go light therapy device because the device has the right combination of red-light wavelengths that can guarantee deeper penetration of the higher wavelength and the cellular charging of the lower visible spectrum.
It is also long enough to cover a large surface area of the body. Joovv red light therapy has several health benefits, which include but not limited to:
- Collagen and Anti-Aging: Joovv red light therapy feels so rejuvenating because it stimulates the production of collagen, which gives skin its elasticity, makes the hair stronger and helps the connective tissues strengthen its ability to hold everything together. Several trials and studies have shown that Joovv red light therapy improves skin tone and complexion, diminishes signs of aging, and speeds the healing wounds .
- Fading scars and stretch marks: As beautiful as motherhood is, pregnancy stretch mark is one residual effect of childbirth. With conventional treatments, it takes longer to fade off, but with the Joovv go red light, it is surprising that the marks can fade faster.
- Increased libido: several pieces of research has affirmed that red light therapy increases testosterone level and increase blood flow, leading to an increase in libido within a matter of minutes .
- Reduced inflammation and joint pain: one of the primary responses to Joovv red light therapy is a pronounced reduction in inflammation and oxidative stress, with significantly lowered joint pain. 
- Increased melatonin and sleep: a lot of people are exposed to a lot of unhealthy artificial light that disrupts their circadian rhythm and makes it harder to sleep. Joovv go red light does the opposite and helps increase the melatonin level in the body, making it easier to fall asleep .
- Enhanced cell signalling: Joovv go red light has a specific wavelength of light that creates a better oxidative environment in the human body cells. This result in the activation of numerous intracellular signalling pathways, increased protein synthesis, enzyme activation that keeps the body functioning at an optimal level.
Use Discount Code FATFORWEIGHTLOSS
Want to see which device might be right for you? Click Here to view the Joovv Go Device and use discount code FATFORWEIGHTLOSS for your special offer.
While the device has been shown to elicit many beneficial effects on the human body, the above information is intended to inform any questions you might have about red light and near-infrared light therapy but does not replace any medical advice. If you have any questions about whether this type of treatment is suitable for you, it is always best to speak to your doctor.
 Avci P, Gupta A, Sadavisan M et al.; ‘low level laser light therapy (LLLT) in skin stimulating, healing, restoring.’ Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2013 march: 32 (1): 41 – 52
 Brosseau L, Welch V et al, low level laser therapy for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis. The journal of rheumatology, Aug 2000; 27(8): 1961 -9