Are you unsure of what keto treats to take to your Christmas get-togethers and family functions? These keto gingerbread cheesecake bites will be a big hit with everyone, even the keto naysayers in the group.
This recipe is from my good friends Dan and Erika the creators of Have Butter will Travel are here to share their favourite keto gingerbread cheesecake bites with you. Make sure you go over and check them out for quick and easy recipes, travelling on a ketogenic lifestyle, and some great articles on the best keto eat in various cities they have travelled to.
Keto Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
Gingerbread is a classic Christmas flavour and combined with cheesecake, these bites are a big winner. As they make 30 bites they are a great dessert option to take with you to your Christmas get-togethers and the best thing is you know you can enjoy a treat along with everyone else.
Cheesecake is such a great keto dessert option. Keto cheesecake is one of those treats that can easily be over indulged in. These cheesecake bites are a great way to portion control cheesecake.
Have Butter will Travel
Hi! We are Dan and Erika the creators of Have Butter will Travel!
We currently live in Melbourne, Australia and started Have Butter will Travel so we can share our two passions – low carb/ keto eating and travelling. We are super passionate about sharing what we have learnt in the 2 years that we have been living a ketogenic lifestyle.
At Have Butter will Travel our focus is on providing quick and easy recipes that show how easy keto can be. We also love to share our experiences of travelling on a ketogenic lifestyle. We have discovered a new way to travel, which is finding the best keto friendly food options in each place we visit. Our blog has some great articles on the best keto eats in various cities we have travelled to. Check them out here.
Christmas desserts and treats
If you are someone that doesn’t like to miss out at Christmas and are worried about what you will be able to have for dessert, the best thing to do is make a delicious keto dessert that you know you can enjoy.
There are lots of keto desserts and treats that are excellent substitutes for most of your Christmas favourites. Check out some of the best dessert options below;
Keto Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites - Have Butter Will Travel
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F
- Combine almond flour, coconut, spices, salt and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir to combine. The mixture should have a wet sand/crumb like texture.
- Spread the crumb mixture out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 minutes or until crumb is starting to brown. Set crumbs aside to cool completely.
- While the crumb mixture is on the oven, use and electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, vanilla and sweetener in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Reserve 1 cup of the baked crumbs to coat the bites.
- Add the remaining crumbs to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about an hour to allow the mixture to firm a little.
- Using an small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, scoop a teaspoon amount of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Then roll the ball in the reserved crumb mixture to coat them completely. Repeat to make 30 bites.
- Place the bites back into the fridge to firm up again. Store the bites in an airtight container in the fridge.