What better way to celebrate the festive season than by making a low carb pecan pie to take to your gathering with friends? This pie has the perfect pie crust that doesn’t crumble all over your shirt and a filling that is not ridiculously sweet.
low carb pecan pie is a rare treat here in the FatForWeightLoss kitchen, so I made sure that this recipe was properly tested before sharing it with you.
A low carb pecan pie will be the perfect treat to take around to your family gathering. Trust me, even though there is brandy in there, the alcohol is completely evaporated by the time its come out of the oven (alcohol evaporates at 170 C) , and all that is left is the wonderful flavor of the brandy, mixed with the caramelized pecans and delicious pie crust, that truly is to die for!
What Is Xanthan Gum?
Xanthan gum is a little hard to find, yes! But trust me, if you invest in some now, you will probably never need to buy any ever again. It lasts for so long because you use so little of it. I’ve included a link to Amazon here, but I also bought mine from Coles and Woolworths (In Australia) before, which is super handy. Low carb pecan pie will be very crumbly without this addition, so It’s definitely recommended that you get some, and don’t make it without.
I made this recipe live on Facebook today and had the pleasure of seeing some fantastic people tune in! I go live every Thursday and make a recipe that’s contextual for the time of year. Since there is still not so many good keto recipes out there, and it is so easy to convert any normal recipe into a ketogenic frenzy, Its really just a whole bunch of fun live on camera! Click here if you want to see the video I’m talking about.
Low Carb Pecan Pie – Low Carb Desserts
If you’re searching for a low carb pumpkin pie crust, just use the crust from this recipe. It seriously is one of the best crusts I’ve ever made. Low carb pie crust can be hard to perfect and trust me, don’t try and attempt this yourself! (unless you like torture) low carb crust can be very hard to get the ratios right. Low carb pie just happens to now be my most favorite keto dessert.
Brandy Low Carb Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 Cup Pecans Roughly Chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Natvia (Or Swerve)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1/4 Cup Brandy (Or Same Amount Sugar Free Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Preheat your oven to 180C (355F)
- Place all of the Pie crust ingreidients into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until combined
- Place the filling into a 9" pie pan and press the dough out around the pie pan. Poke small holes into the bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins. Cool the pie crust for 1 hour in the fridge (or overnight)
- Get a large bowl and mix all of the filling with an electric mixer.
- Place the chopped pecans into the bottom of the pie filling
- Pour the pie filling into the pie and bake at 180C (355F) for 50 mins.