This keto rocky road recipe is the most delicious treat to have around Easter time and is probably one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make.
This recipe is 100% credited to my mum who gave me these to try last week. I immediately had to take photos and suggested we post this on the blog.
Mum has been on the podcast talking all about THE HASHIMOTOS ROAD TO RECOVERY WITH MUM (KATHY SVENSON) – If you’re interested in learning more about thyroid health, that podcast is a wealth of information.
Keto rocky road is a great dessert for Easter, Christmas or even just a sneaky treat for when nobody is around. These consist of a combination of sugar-free marshmallows, sugar-free gummy bears, healthy hazelnuts and shredded coconut encased in a rich chocolate coating which will absolutely blow you away.
The brand of sugar-free confectionary that mum used was a brand called Double’D’ and it can be found in Woolworths supermarkets here in Australia. The chocolate she used was also sweetened with stevia, so if you love a sweeter version of chocolate, then I suggest you use stevia-sweetened chocolate as well. Bakers chocolate tends to be easier for people to get, but you can mix it with a sweetener of your choice to yield very similar results.
Honestly, I couldn’t resist eating these immediately after taking photos of them. They are just way too good.
Apparently, rocky road was invented in Australia in 1853, where spoiled confectionary was mixed with local nuts and cheap chocolate to disguise the flavour. According to the greatest source of reliable information, the internet, the term rocky road comes from the rocky road that travelers took to reach the gold fields.
America later claimed this dessert’s creation, but that wasn’t until the 1900s, so Get Your Filthy Mitts Off It! *eye wink*
Thanks to Mum who created this delicious recipe. If you want to check out some of her other recipes, head on over to her Instagram page where she’s travelling around Australia in a caravan, getting sun and vitamin D, and drinking ALL the nut milk cappuccinos in production.
Keto Rocky Road
- 2 packets sugar free marshmallows 210g / 7.5 oz
- 2 packets sugar-free gummy bears 180g / 6.3 oz
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts 150g / 5 oz
- 1 cup shredded coconut 100g / 3.5 oz
- 270 g Unsweetened Chocolate 9.5 oz
- Chop the marshmallows and gummy bears into 3/4-inch ( 2 cm) pieces. Place into an 8-inch x 8-inch (20 cm x 20 cm) dish.
- Add the hazelnuts and shredded coconut to the dish and mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.