My good friend Rachel from Killin It Keto has recently released a brand new ketogenic guide called the 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge, and this Crispy smoked paprika drumstick recipe is one of my favorite recipes from inside the book.
*Please note* even though this recipe contains affiliate links, all opinions are my own. If you purchase this book, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. If you want to support FatForWeightLoss and you are looking at purchasing this fantastic guide, then consider using the links inside this recipe.
This drumstick recipe is perfect for those hectic weeknights when you’re looking for something easy with minimal cleanup. The smoked paprika and cayenne give these drumsticks a nice kick. Rachel usually pairs them with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles, or Slow Cooker Creamed Spinach and Artichoke.
I recently had Rachel on the podcast. She’s such a down to earth soul, and a real pleasure to talk with. I’m so humbled to be able to post this recipe from her book. You can listen to our conversation below:
The 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge
Rachel Gregory is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Athletic Trainer, Strength and Conditioning Coach, and author of the 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge book. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel has a vast knowledge of the science and application of the Ketogenic Diet for weight loss, performance, and overall health. She completed the first ever human clinical trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in Crossfit athletes, which is published in the International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine. Rachel has presented her research at national conferences and works closely with several doctors and scientists specializing in the low-carbohydrate, ketogenic lifestyle.
Rachel is the Founder and CEO of Killin It Keto, LLC and creator of the 21-Day Keto Challenge. She has worked with a variety of individuals throughout her career that includes Division I collegiate athletes, WNBA stars and some of the top bodybuilders in the world. She has a passion for educating those interested in optimizing their physical and mental wellbeing while improving long-term health goals.
YouTube: CLICK HERE
Book: Buy On Amazon Here
Crispy Smoked Paprika Drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Grease or spray the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- In a paper or resealable plastic bag, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, salt, pepper, cayanne and nutritional yeast (optional), and shake well. Add the drumsticks to the bag and shake until they are well coated with the spice mixture.
- Place the drumsticks on the prepared baking rack and cook for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, raise the oven heat to 400F (200C). Brush the drumsticks with the melted butter and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Any questions? please search the help center on my website by clicking here