This dairy-free keto pie crust will impress everyone, even if they aren’t keto. It’s crispy, deliciously flaky and best of all holds together perfectly.
This pie crust is used to make my famous keto apple pie recipe. That recipe is fantastic, so if you haven’t seen it already please go and check it out. Its by far the best way to experience a pie without too much work in the kitchen, plus no one will even know its keto.
As you can see above, I’ve sliced slits into the pie pastry, and it still holds together. The #1 rule you need to know about this pastry, is that to get it nice and crispy, you need to baste it with egg wash (mixed up eggs).
It comes out looking super golden brown when baked for around 30 minutes, but be sure to read the recipe instructions for how to get it looking like this photo. Its really easy, and there are no sneaky photo tricks done in any of my recipes. This is the real deal right here.
Obviously, if you’re dairy free, you’d be wanting to switch out the cream for coconut cream, but this is a perfect example of how flakey this pie crust is. Its absolutely delicious, and won’t let you down.
Dairy Free Keto Pie Crust
Easy Low carb pie crust doesn’t need many different ingredients to taste delicious. If you are looking for more flaky Dairy Free Keto Pie Crust like this, you are going to love my other dessert recipes on the blog that are just as delicious is this one, or you can download my Best Selling Keto Cookbook and get even more great keto dessert recipes.
Or if you are looking for more keto pie crust recipes sequenced into an easy keto meal plan, then you’ll enjoy my 4 week keto meal plan, filled with many more dessert ideas like this recipe.
I hope you enjoy this flaky Dairy Free Keto Pie Crust as much as I did testing, creating and photographing this recipe. Don’t forget to share this Dairy Free Keto Pie Crust with a friend in need, or anyone who would be excited about finding a perfect flaky Dairy Free Keto Pie Crust.
Until Next Time.
Dairy Free Keto Pie Crust
- In a large glass bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt together until each of the ingredients are indistinguishable.
- This process has to be done quickly, otherwise, it will not work! - Spoon the lard into small chunks, and add it to the dry ingredients. Press the lard into the dry ingredients by using two forks. This can also be done in a food processor by pulsing the chunks of lard and dry ingredients for 20 - 30 seconds on high. Add in the cold water and continue mixing until combined.
- Wrap the mixture tightly in cling wrap and store in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. (2 hours is best)
- Once you're ready to bake, roll the pie pastry between two pieces of parchment paper, ensuring the pastry goes past the edges of your pie tin by around 5 cm (2 inches).
- Remove the top sheet of partchment paper, place your pie dish upside down on top of the pastry, and flip them both up the right way again, so that the pie pastry now sits inside the pie tin. No need to blind bake this pastry. You're good to go.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator