Christmas is coming up, and I thought I would make a keto pavlova for you to share with your friends and family. Its low carb, sugar-free and keto-friendly.
This pavlova contains egg whites, vinegar, cream of tatar, vanilla extract, natvia and a small pinch of xanthan gum.
I’ve used cream of tatar before in a recipe like this, and it helps bind all the egg whites together whilst sitting in the oven. You might have used this ingredient whilst making my Keto Cloud Bread, and I’m using it in the same way here, but it will taste slightly different because we’ve added sweetener.
Christmas is a tough time of year for us Keto Warriors. Do you break your good habits just so you don’t have to be different? Well, luckily you won’t have to this year!
Keto Pavlova is basically egg whites and sugar, so why can’t we just replace sugar with natural sweetener? Correct!
Pile on the cream, and you’re living the dream.
This sugar-free pavlova recipe tastes just like the real thing. Usually, pavlova contains cornflour. Unfortunately, cornflour is too high in carbs for the ketogenic diet, and may potentially kick you out of ketosis. We don’t want that!
Everyone wants an easy pavlova recipe, and this is exactly what this recipe is. Pavlova dessert doesn’t have to be hard, however, make sure you’ve got enough time to bake it in the oven because it takes up to one and a half hours to completely cook.
You are going to love this pavlova, and I’m going to put it out there, its one of the best sugar-free pavlova recipes I’ve come across. It is easy, its meringue, it is tasty and it is sugar-free. Did I mention its got full-fat dollop cream on top? YUM!
Christmas Keto Pavlova - Australian Keto Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees c. Separate the egg whites into a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until peaks begin to form. Slowly add in the erythritol whilst beating. Beat for an extra 1 min. Add the vinegar, cream of tatar, xanthan gum and vanilla and beat for another 1 min.
- Place baking paper onto a baking tray and outline the size of a large dinner plate. Spoon the fluffy mixture into the circle and add some of your own mega awesome artwork to the fluffy outsides with a spoon. Reduce the oven temperature to 100 degrees C and Place in the oven for 1 hour 30 mins.
- Once the timer has gone off, leave the door open and let it cool down to room temperature. Place onto a plate and top with double cream (you can whip this slightly if you like) and top with the blueberries.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Tips & Notes:
- If you don't have cream of tatar, you'll need to me especially careful when it comes to the egg whites.
- To get good egg whites, I sugges whisking them with an electric mixer in a chilled bowl
- If you don't have double cream, heavy whipping cream that has been whipped to 2 times its size will work as well.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator