Low Carb Pancakes Recipe – Strawberries and Cream
Breakfast on a ketogenic diet isn’t hard. I usually go for a plain and simple bacon and eggs, topped with avocado. The main reason I found this low carb pancakes recipe exciting was that it was NOT bacon and eggs.. sometimes you just get sick of them.
Have you ever found that you are searching the internet for a breakfast recipe that is not just plain and simple eggs, done in some fancy way that never seems worth it? Well, pancakes are the perfect solution, or even crepes for that matter.
This recipe does contain eggs, but you can’t even taste them. They make a great base to add whatever ingredients you like on top (as you can see, I added some plain old heavy cream and strawberries).
The Protein Bread Co is an Australian company dedicated to making low carb baked goods in a packet. They originally started with bread, and have branched out to do pancakes, muffins and pizza bases. I 100% support them because they are helping spread the word on low carb living, whilst providing a great product for an easy meal mix up.
This is a little sad if you live outside of Australia. I’m not sure if they Ship to any other countries apart from Australia and New Zealand.
With this in mind, you might be able to concoct your own. A similar recipe could be made from the following ingredients:
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 Tbsp Natvia (Erythritol)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Strawberries And Cream Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Protein Pancake Mix 30 g
- 1 Egg
- 50 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 Straweberries Halved
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Using a whisk, mix thoroughly. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil. Heat until almost smoking – this seals the pan and prevents sticking! Once hot, turn to a low heat and wait for 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into a non-stick pan on a low heat, forming 3 pancakes approx. 10cm in diameter.
- Once bubbles appear, flip each pancake and cook for an extra 30 seconds or until golden brown.
Need A Keto Shopping List?
Check out my keto foods list with free printable pdf and flavour pairings guide.
Do You Know Your Macros?
Check out my free personalised macro calculator