I’ve always had a soft spot for Mint Slice biscuits here in Australia, my kryptonite on the ketogenic diet, but with these easy little Peppermint Fat Bombs… well, I’m no longer inhibited by my weaknesses. From here on in, I can push past the mint slice and straight onto these perfect peppermint fat bombs for a healthy, high fat snack on the go.
Have you ever seen the packets of mint slice that Arnotts make? I’m not going to show you because triggers like that I find aren’t particularly helpful when trying to keep your mind on track and stay focused on the healthy diet you’re on.
Regardless, these fat bombs are legit. I cannot express my excitement greatly enough about these. As an ex-sugar addict, I can safely say that these are satisfying enough to only have one (WINNING!) plus they still stay chewy straight out of the freezer.
Have you ever made coconut fat bombs, removed them from the freezer, gone to take a bite, then realized you’re missing teeth because the damn thing was rock hard? Its happened to me on multiple occasions… okay maybe not the missing teeth part, but you get my drift.
This week I added a forum to my website, (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE FREE FORUM) which is super useful if you want to discuss recipe suggestions or helpful improvements outside what I have to offer. As a community, we can help each other to create great recipes, and provide helpful tips along the way if you are looking for a particular ingredient, or might be wondering if it’s okay to switch butter of something else if going dairy free.
So with that in mind, I’m going to start the conversation by saying I used cupcake molds for these little beauties. You can probably tell by the ripple shape along the outside. If you have silicone cupcake molds, feel free to use those instead as I’m all about reducing waste and finding better options than just relying on disposable items.
I keep these peppermint fat bombs in the freezer, and it usually helps to remove them from their casing before placing them into a container or re-usable Ziploc bag.
I hope you enjoy these peppermint fat bombs and be sure to download the Free Fat Bomb Recipe Book for more delicious recipes just like this one.
Peppermint Fat Bombs
- 120 g Sugar Free Dark Chocolate 4 oz
- 100 g Butter 3.5 oz
- Place 6 paper cupcake molds into a cupcake tray.
- Either using a double boiler or a microwave, melt the butter and the chocolate together until completely combined.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of the 6 cupcake molds. Put in the freezer for 10 mins until the top is hard.
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil, then add the peppermint extract and powdered erythritol, mixing well.
- Place about a teaspoon of the coconut oil on top of each solidified chocolate mold. Place in the freezer again for 10 mins.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate and butter mixture over the peppermint filling, and place in the freezer until ready to eat
Any questions? please search the help center on my website by clicking here