Keto Muffins are a great little snack when you’re on the road, or trying to have a healthy little dessert bite that kills those sugar cravings. Because everyone loved the keto chocolate chip cookies so much, I thought these would be a great variation to try.
These keto chocolate chip muffins are much easier than the cookies and bake much easier as well.
Keto Chocolate Muffins
When you think of muffin flavours, what are the main types you think of outside of a chocolate chip muffin? I dream of blueberry muffins, lemon, and poppyseed muffins, or chocolate muffins, or even cupcakes… yes, cupcakes are very similar, but they have icing, so it’s a whole other world of flavours to get into.
I like to think that these recipes help people enjoy a healthy snack or healthy dessert whilst doing the ketogenic diet. It makes it much more bearable if you know you can have your “cake” and eat it too.
I do have plenty of keto dinner recipes as well, just I enjoy making these types of desserts and snacks a little more because so many people just eat bacon and eggs, get sick of eggs, and look for recipes that are not your ordinary borning style keto recipes… I hope that makes sense 😀
Make These Chocolate Muffins with Coconut Flour
You can certainly make these without almond flour, using coconut flour instead. Since coconut flour absorbs liquid easily, you need less of it to make the same amount of muffins.
Substitute 1 cup almond flour for 1/3 cup coconut flour.
Other Chocolate Muffin Flavours
You could add some cinnamon to make these chocolate muffins truly sensational, or simply remove the chocolate, use this muffin recipe as a base, and put whatever you like in them. Some suggestions would be:
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds with 1/4 cup lemon juice
Now, I’ve got some tips for you that will prevent you from making the chocolate chip muffins look amateur. The best way to get chocolate chips through a muffin is to literally pierce long sections of chocolate into the muffins before you cook them. How do you do this? Let me show you:
You need to chop the chocolate into 1 cm approx pieces like this, then shove them right down the keto muffin when you come to throw them into the oven.
So I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I liked making them. Hit me up if you have any questions in the comments below, and I’ll see you in the next recipe post!
Related Keto Muffin Recipes
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 180C (355 F)
- Mix the almond flour and the baking powder together in a bowl. Crack 2 eggs into the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Melt 40g (1 1/2 oz) butter and mix into the almond flour and egg mixture.
- Add the remainaing ingredients (except the chocoalte) and pour into a 2 X 3 muffin tray lined with muffin holders.
- Cut the peices of chocolate into long thin slices 1 cm apart, and peirce them through the top of the muffins. There should be around 4 - 5 long peices each.
- Bake for 20 mins. Let them cool and enjoy.
Expert TipsNow, I've got some tips for you that will prevent you from making the chocolate chip muffins look amateur. The best way to get chocolate chips through a muffin is to literally pierce long sections of chocolate into the muffins before you cook them. How do you do this?
- You need to chop the chocolate into 1 cm approx pieces like this, then shove them right down the keto muffin when you come to throw them into the oven.